With the festive season arriving it’s time to get into the kitchen. Jus-rol wanted me to try out their recipes and I have to say I’m pretty chuffed with the results. Jus rol pre-made pastry makes cutting time out making pastry from scratch. Currently, they have three different ranges available in local supermarkets, chilled, bake it fresh, and frozen.
Today I wanted to show you, how easy it is to make your own sausage rolls. My version of Jus-rol slightly spicy sausage roll recipe makes 6 pieces instead of 12.
- 6 sausages skin removed
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry ready-rolled sheet Thawed
- 6 tbsps of dijon mustard
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 220ºC, (200ºC for fan assisted), 425ºF, Gas Mark 7.
- Unroll the whole of pastry sheets and cut into half then quarters.
- Spread each centre with 1 Tbsp of dijon mustard leaving a border on both sides
- Spread the sausage meat on each piece, then add the beaten egg to the side edge
- Roll the pastry over like a cover
- Using a sharp knife create 3-4 slashes on the top
- Bake in the oven for 16-20 minutes or until the pastry puffs and turn golden-yellow
Tags: christmas, jus-rol, sausage rolls, xmas