Exploring Queenstown’s Charms: My last day, B Bath House Cafe & Restaurant, Mr’s Ferg
I remember this day very well, my friend partied ways to travel to another town in New Zealand. I packed my luggage one last time, checked out of Blue Peaks Apartments, left my stuff in storage, and headed back to town for my last meals.
The Cow Pizza and Spaghetti
Address: Cow Lane, Queenstown, Otago 9300, New Zealand
The night before we had an incredible pizza at The Cow. The Cow Pizza has become a must-visit destination for locals and tourists alike. Let us into The Cow Pizza’s charming world, where wood-fired pizzas and a cosy environment combine to create an amazing eating experience.
The Science of Wood-Fired Pizza
Let’s get to the meat of the issue: the pizzas. The Cow Pizza is known for its wood-fired pizzas that combine classic Italian techniques with the finest ingredients from New Zealand. Every pizza is a work of art, expertly made and baked to perfection in its original wood-fired oven. Whether you’re a classic Margherita enthusiast, a meat lover yearning for the “Meat Lovers” pizza, or a vegetarian looking for a delicious array of vegetables, The Cow Pizza has something for everyone.
Bath House Café
Address: 38 Marine Parade, Queenstown 9300 New Zealand
Queenstown, New Zealand’s South Island’s crown jewel, is known for its magnificent landscapes, adventurous activities, and vibrant culture. Look no further than the Bath House Cafe & Restaurant for a wonderful dining experience in this breathtaking location.
- location, location, location
Bath House Cafe & Restaurant is one of Queenstown’s most desirable settings, right on the beaches of Lake Wakatipu. While enjoying a scrumptious meal, sit back, relax, and take in the spectacular panoramic views of the lake and the Remarkables mountain range. The breathtaking splendour of Queenstown is your constant companion whether you’re dining indoors or on our lakeside terrace.
With food that takes a nod at Great British nostalgia, you find The Bath House has the usual suspects, fish & chips, bacon butties, and more.
I went with the more traditional breakfast route, The Bath House breakfast $19.50. Streaky crispy bacon, toasted white bread, tomato and hash browns.
Walking around the lake
On a walk around the Queenstown gardens, I found a fellow Brit, who lost her phone on the plane and was alone with a newborn in New Zealand.
After my walk, I returned to town for my last Ferg franchise meal.
Mrs. Ferg’s is a hidden gem set against the backdrop of the remarkable mountain range and the tranquil Lake Wakatipu.
The Appeal of Mrs. Ferg
Address: 40 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Mrs. Ferg’s is a quaint eatery in Queenstown’s centre. Its convenient location on Shotover Street draws people from near and far, and its rustic appearance and pleasant ambience entice them to return. The sweet aroma of freshly baked pastries greets you as you enter, as do the cheerful smiles of the staff.
A Culinary Adventure on the Menu
- Mrs. Ferg’s Bakery: Mrs. Ferg’s bakery is nothing short of legendary. Every item, from handmade bread to fluffy pastries, is prepared to perfection. Don’t miss out on their buttery croissants and savoury pies, which are perfect for a quick breakfast or a picnic by the lake.
- Gourmet Ice Cream: New Zealand is well-known for its dairy products, and Mrs Ferg’s ice cream is no exception. With a range of distinct flavours to choose from, you may enjoy a scoop of creamy bliss while strolling along the Queenstown waterfront.
- Burger Heaven: If you love burgers, Mrs Ferg’s older brother Fergburger is the place to go. Tourists and locals alike like their delicious, locally sourced burgers. For the ultimate comfort food experience, serve with hand-cut fries.
- Dessert Extravaganza: Calling all sweet tooths! Mrs Ferg’s dessert menu is delectable. There’s something for every dessert craving, from silky chocolate tarts to fruit-filled crumbles.
As I headed back to the airport, the atmosphere erupted with concerned people. In a nearby neighbouring town in Christchurch, a terrorist attack was happening. A shooter targeted two mosques on Friday 19th March.