Did you know it happened to be National Honey Week? In celebration of the honey crop, Odysea sent over some honey and other products for me to try. Produced in the village of Illias in Greece, the pine & fir tree honey has won an award with Great Taste Awards.
Odysea baking feta is one of the easiest dishes to put together. Throwing the product in the microwave warming the feta cheese then adding a dollop of rich tangy sweet pepper dressing makes a great snack or light lunch.
Here is a recipe for Korean fried chicken using Odysea honey. Give it a go the vodka base batter makes it super crispy and spice up the heat with Korean gochujang sauce.
- 6 wings
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 50 g rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 50g rice flour
- 25g of flour
- 25ml water
- 25ml vodka
- 100ml tomato sauce
- 50 ml Gochujang paste
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame
- spring onion
- In a bowl add 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 50g rice flour add the chicken wings and set aside for 1 hour.
- start mixing the batter mix of 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 50g rice flour, 25ml water and 25ml vodka. The mixture should be like paint.
- Next, in a pan make the sauce add the tomato sauce, Gochujang paste, honey and sesame oil and cook.
- Start frying the chicken until it turns crispy and brown. Drain the chicken on a kitchen towel, sprinkle some sea salt and dollop the sauce and garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.
Tags: Korean fried chicken, National honey week, Odysea, recipe