Char Grilled belly pork – Bun Thit Nuong Recipe
Recipe Type: Vietnamese
This is a very easy to follow a recipe for my version of the classic Bun Thit Nuong, you can add lemon grass for extra flavor. Char grilled belly pork, taste amazing with dipping fish sauce and Vermicelli Noodles.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 spring onions (white part only), finely sliced, and pounded
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 4 strips of belly pork
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl add the sugar, fish sauce, honey and pepper. Mix until the sugar dissolves, then add the spring onions and strips of belly pork.
- Coat the belly pork then add the vegetable oil, leave overnight to marinate the meat. It till absorb the flavours well.
- Preheat the oven on gas mark 5, add the meat on the grill rack then cook one side for 15 minutes. You start to see the meat char from the honey, then turn over the other side.
- Once cooked through, allow it to cool for 10 mins, then cut the meat into 3-4 inch slices.