Remember that chicken burger I kept banging on about by Disco bistro? Well, Carl Clarke is BACK, causing a stir in Mayfair with Rock Lobsta.
Rock Lobsta at Mahiki is going to ‘stir some sh**t up in Mayfair’ according to Carl Clarke, the chef behind edgy new dining concept merging an East-London punk lobster shack and a world-famous ‘Polynesian Paradise’ late night bar.
The ‘best of British’ menu consists of the freshest seafood straight from the Cornish coastline that includes native lobsters, soft shell crabs and raw razor clams, served alongside some expertly shaken cocktails, a maverick independent wine list to a punk/rock/ska soundtrack, Rock Lobsta at Mahiki cuts through any elite pleasantries to deliver a shockingly tasty, great value new restaurant in St James (where else can you get a great cocktail and a main for under £30?)
Introducing Piers Adam, successful restaurant and nightclub entrepreneur and proprietor of luxury lifestyle portfolio Brompton Brands to Carl Clarke makes for a provocative combo.
Carl’s dubbed the ‘punk’ chef and has headed up hit controversial food concepts including Disco Bistro, The English Launderette, God Save the Clam and The Rotary Bar & Diner.
The eclectic duo join forces to fuse the best of London’s elite clubbing scene and the frontline of the UK’s experiential dining movement.
For early birds, two bars are open for pre-dinner cocktails from 5pm and guests are given a buzzing lobster to Klack away when their table is ready. After dinner the claws are off and Rock Lobsta lives up to Mahiki’s reputation as a hedonistic cocktail-fuelled party paradise, with a bit more bite!
Highlights from the Rock Lobsta menu:
• Snacks: Lobster corndog with with chilli vinegar, fried beer cheese with truffles and gooseberry ketchup, soft shell crab with chilli and seaweed crunch
• ‘Signature’ Rock Lobsta roll and the Klack Klack steamed buns including hot & sour crispy fish, fried chicken and soft shell crab varieties
• Gourmet Buns: Mahiki Zinger – buttermilk fried chicken thighs with avocado,
slaw and hot sauce. The Mahiki Burger – rare breed beef patty, pickled onions,
pineapple and bacon jam
• Wood grilled lobsters with garlic butter or smoked chilli sauce and 40 day aged rare breed rib eye with dripping chips and house sauce
• Desserts: variety of fresh ice cream sundaes including Espresso Irish coffee, Strawberry shortcake and Mahiki Coconut rum infused gelato.
• Cocktails are focussed around pre and post-dinner and include the Snow Crab Sling with tequila and zesty grapefruit served with a crab claw and a Sweet & Chilli coconut to end a meal with a bang.
Rock Lobsta at Mahiki
Address: 1 Dover St, London W1S 4LD
Opening times: 5pm to 11.30pm Monday to Saturday
Tel: 020 7493 9529
Twitter: @RocLobstaMahikiTags: carl clarke, dining, food, food porn, lobster, lobster rolls, london, mafair, mahiki, pop-up, timeout